Farm Insurance Brokers

$60 billion - Australian Farm income passes $60 billion for the first time in 2016/17. In NSW alone, theft of cattle and sheep between January and October in 2017 cost farmers $2.8m and $1.4m respectively. In 2009-10, 17,400 agricultural workers become ill or were injured due through work

“The total value of principal Australian agricultural commodities (crops, livestock and livestock products) produced in Australia in 2016-17 was $39,671 million.”
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2018

What is Farm Insurance?

Working on the land brings many rewards - but just as many risks. As a farm owner, you’re vulnerable to bushfires that can destroy livestock or damage your buildings and other property; machinery breakdown which can cost you time and money; personal illness or a serious accident; or even a claim from a guest injured on your property.

That’s why farm insurance can help protect your farm and its produce, and the wellbeing of you, your family and the people that pass through your property.

Who should consider it?

Whether you’re a large-scale crop grower or livestock producer or a small family or hobby farm, Farm Insurance can help protect your farm, its produce and livestock - and the people who benefit from it.

What can it cover?

Farm insurance can be tailored to cover your home and farm buildings, livestock, vehicles, equipment and more. It can also safeguard you against theft and loss of income.

For example, a typical Steadfast Farm Pack can cover:

  • Home Property - Domestic property and belongings from defined events or accidental damage. Cover may include Buildings, Contents, Personal Effects, Legal Liability and/or Domestic Workers Compensation Cover

  • Farm Property - Physical loss or damage to Farm Property caused by defined events or Accidental Damage

  • Livestock - Death or loss of livestock due to specified events

  • Public and Products Liability - Claims by Third parties for Personal Injury and/or Property Damage and/or legal costs in connection with the Farming Business

  • Accident and sickness cover - Regular payments to help keep your business running if you’re injured or fall ill

  • Machinery Breakdown - Damage to electrical and mechanical machinery, boilers and pressure vessels for loss or damage caused by breakdown.

What usually isn’t covered?

Exclusions, the excess you need to pay and limits of liability can vary greatly depending on your insurer. Policies generally won’t include cover for:

  • Loss or damage to property caused by gradual deterioration or wear and tear

  • Flood

  • Loss caused by earth movement unless the earth movement occurs within 72 hours of certain events

  • Damage caused by tenants unless the risk is accepted by the insurer

Request a Quote

Did you know that what is actually covered can vary considerably between insurers? Often with exclusions or high excess payments that you may not be aware of. You need a broker who can assess your individual situation, offer the right insurance and explain precisely what is and isn’t covered.

It's easy to pay too much for insurance, but it's just as easy to pay too little then find out too late that you're not covered. There's a lot of flashy online insurance calculators out there but they focus only on price. Talk to Tudor and you talk to a real person who knows the what level of cover should be recommended and who will personally help you with a claim.

Working for you.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Other Insurance products to consider